Summer is more than halfway over—have you been considering starting a home remodel? Since the weather is so nice, it’s the perfect time to take advantage of being outside and remodeling your home. Perhaps you need to do something about your closets that always seem to be messy no matter what you do!
Although small closets can be annoying, it’s easy to keep them neat and organized with the right solutions. Contact Installed Building Products Portland about our shelving and closet organization solutions—or keep reading to learn more about tips for organizing small closets and spaces.
Small Closet Organization Tips
All you need is the right closet shelving and storage solutions. Professionals can help you, but in the meantime, it helps to consider a few things:
- Take advantage of vertical space: We think building up is an effective way to maximize space in small closets. People often overlook the vertical space they have, which is underused in many small spaces.
- Use the closet door: Using the closet door is a great way to optimize the space available! There are a number of storage solutions—from shelving to shoe racks and more—that work with doors, and they can save a tremendous amount of space.
- Remove clutter: If you want a new custom closet design, in our experience, it’s a good idea to remove any clutter beforehand. If it’s a bedroom closet, this means clothes that don’t fit you anymore, shoes that are old and unwearable, etc. In kitchens, it could be food that has been sitting in the back of the pantry for months.
- Think about seasonal storage: Seasonal clothes and accessories can take up a lot of space in closets. As soon as the summer is over, find a good place to store flip flops, bathing suits, etc. Many people use attics, garages, or basements.
- Work to stay organized: Keeping your closet nice and neat all the time can help you stay organized in the long run. If you just toss your clothes on the closet floor at the end of every day, things will get messy again. It only takes a few extra seconds to hang a tie up on the tie rack or put your shoes back in the right shoe cube!
Custom Closet Services in the Portland, Oregon Area
If you live in the northwestern Oregon and southwestern Washington area and need help organizing your closets, IBP Portland is the company you need. We partner with Rubbermaid to provide high-quality closet organization and storage solutions. Our custom closet design specialists will analyze your space and help you create a custom closet system that seamlessly complements it and matches your design preferences.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services and let us help you start getting (and staying) organized!